Beauty and Everything Fabulous by Sahira

Saturday, April 5, 2014

NYX Liquid Illuminators

It has been a while since I started buying lots of +NYX Cosmetics and I have to say I am very impressed. They honestly never fail to make me fall in love with their products every time I buy something from their brand.
I always like trying new things and since +ULTA Beauty has their sale Buy 1 Get 1 50% off nowadays, I am always in the +NYX Cosmetics section.
 
I picked up two Liquid Illuminators which caught my eye because it says on the packaging "Born To Glow" and I mean who doesn't like that gorgeous glow on their face when you have makeup on. So I thought I would give them a try and I got both of them since they were buy one get one half off.
The original price is $7.50. I got one in the original price and the second one I got half off so it was like $3.75 which isn't bad.
There are only two available anyways and I got both in Gleam and Sunbeam.
 
 
Now what they are actually meant to be used for are all over the face alone or mixed with a foundation but I wouldn't recommend that because they are really shimmery and you don't want to use it all over your face and end up looking like Edward from Twilight.. yeah definitely not.
As you can tell, one of them (the left one) is 0.5 fl oz and the one on the right is 0.6 fl oz and I don't know why but there is more of the light one than the dark.
I feel like these can be best used for highlighting especially for the cheekbones to make them pop with a bit of shimmer and this is the perfect product for that.
 
 
This one is called Sunbeam and you get a bit more of this than the other one. It gives a gorgeous glow and trust me a little comes a long way so DO NOT use so much of the product or it will make your face way too shimmery and it just won't look good.
 
 
This one is called Gleam and to be honest, this one is my favorite from both of them because it isn't as bright as the other one. This one has more of  natural glow and is good for girls with brown skin like me. I love the highlighting effect it gives on the cheekbones and gives a healthy glow to your face. You don't get much of this but like I said a little goes a long way.
 
 
Here are the swatches for both of the illuminators and as you can tell Sunbeam is a very light shimmery color and the Gleam is a bit darker more natural looking and I myself prefer the darker one. I only like using it on my cheekbones to give it a highlight effect. I am sorry I don't have pictures of it actually on my cheeks but I will try to upload one when I use it on my instagram page. But I hope this was somewhat helpful and if I were to rate this product,
I would give it a 3 out of 5 stars.
 
xoxo
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Glam Doll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena