Beauty and Everything Fabulous by Sahira

Sunday, February 15, 2015

PMD Personal Microderm

Hello!
I am back with a new post on my blog. Life has been pretty hectic so I have not had the time to update my blog and post reviews on some of the products I have received but I am here tonight to update you on one of the products I have been using for a while now.. 
which is the..

PMD
(Personal Microderm) 

As someone who has dealt with severe acne problems and have been trying to fight it for many years, ever since I was a teen, I can say I have spent hundreds and hundreds of $$$ on skin care products and chemical peels. My main goal was to get rid of the acne and since that is slowly getting cured, my main concern now is the texture of my skin I am left with after going through so many skin problems.
As I have mentioned before, I am now left with many scars on my face because of the hyper-pigmentation an messing with my pimples. I have been doing research for a long time and looking into different microdermabrasions that I can get done so I can have that beautiful, young looking skin again with no scarring. 
One day, I came across this PMD that is similar to the ones they use in the doctors offices. 
The only difference is that this is MUCH cheaper because it saves you A LOT of money from going to the doctors office and using their thousands of dollars worth machines.
The PMD is basically the same thing doctors use in their office because it uses the SAME aluminum oxide crystals that they use. What makes this easier is that, it is an at home thing you do and is not harmful. It works well on surface blemishes and smooths uneven skin texture giving you younger, vibrant and glowing skin. 

Lets go ahead and get into further details about the PMD..


I was sent this by @pmdpersonalmicroderm on instagram to review and here I am right now about to go into detail on how this thing works and if it worked for me or not. 
Before I begin, let me just say that this will be an honest review and I am not getting paid to do this. They were kind enough to send it to me to share with my followers on how it works and I kindly accepted the offer to try it and see if it is something I would recommend to my friends and followers. 
So lets begin..

Website: www.getpmd.com
Name: PMD Personal Microderm
Price: $179.00
(it is on sale right now for $159.00)
Code: 'sahira15' 
(this is my code which will give you a 15% discount and it will be good through March 1st)

It looks like this 


It is lightweight and has a cord with it that you plug in the socket for it to turn on.
When I first turned it on, it made a really scary noise and I got scared. I was really hesitant to use it but it had to be done. After using it for a while, you will get used to it and it wont seem as bad.

Now, the picture above is the PMD all set up. When you first open the box, it will look like this,


So you get:
- 1 PMD
- 2 Caps
- 7 discs

These are the caps and discs
TOP- caps
BOTTOM- discs


The caps are two different sizes because each is used for a different purpose.
The right one, which is the cap with the bigger hole, is used for the body.
The left one, which is the cap with the smaller hole, is used for the face.


In order to decide which cap you will use with the discs, you need to pay attention to the disc sizes because they are also different sizes and colors.
The size tells you where to use it and the color tells you the sensitivity of the PMD. 
There are 7 discs in total.
1 white
4 blue
2 green


The white one is to test the skin tolerance and to practice using the PMD. Since it is the thin one, therefore you use the cap with the smaller hole because it is for the face.


The 4 blue ones are used for sensitive skin which is the first level abrasion.
The two thin ones on the sides are for the face and the two thicker and shorter ones in the middle are used for the body.


The 2 green discs are used for medium level abrasion and that means if you get used to the sensitive discs, you may move onto the medium level. 
There is 1 thin one for the face and 1 short, thick one for the body.


Those are the parts to the PMD and now I will move onto how you set it up!

So you take the PMD, choose your disc and according to the disc you have chosen, you get the cap.
In this picture, you see the PMD, the blue thinner disc and the cap with the smaller hole because we are putting the PMD together to use on the face. I use the blue disc because my skin is very sensitive so I want to get used to it before I move a level up.


You take the disc and attach it to the PMD. Make sure it is secured on tight. 


Then, you take the cap and twist it on making sure it is fit and firmly against the black ring on the PMD. 
So this is what we have..
The PMD is ready to use and make sure you plug in the power cord at the bottom of the tool to turn it on. 


One very important thing to pay attention to is which cap goes with which disc and that the disc is not exactly lined up with the cap, but it has to be a little below it or else you will damage your skin.
Remember, 
the thinner discs go with the smaller cap which is used on the face


and 
the thicker discs go with the bigger cap which is used on the body


USING THE DEVICE

Step 1
Before you start using the PMD, take the white disc and test it on the back of your neck or arm so that your skin gets used to it because it does suck your skin when you are using it, and do not worry, when I say it 'sucks' your skin, it does not take in your skin lol it just kind of pulls it as you glide the PMD on your face. 

Step 2:
Make sure your face is completely clean and free of any oils and makeup.
You use your hand to pull the skin tight in the area you will be treating.

Step 3:
Take the PMD and move it in an upward motion across the skin. Please note that you DO NOT pass the PMD more than two times over the same area. 

Step 4:
Once you are done treating the area you want, use a toner and/or a recovery moisturizer because the skin will be very sensitive after using the PMD.

Step 5:
Let your skin recover and wait about a week until your next treatment.

Those are the simple steps to using the Personal Microderm and just make sure that you disassemble the PMD by taking off the cap and disc, then cleaning both with rubbing alcohol or an antibacterial soap.

There are many DO's and DON'Ts that you need to know but since this is a review on the product, I will not go through them because there is a lot of information and if you would like to check it out, please do visit the website at www.getpmd.com

MY OPINION

I used it for two months and at first I thought that nothing was happening but that is because I was being impatient and would look at my face after every use and didn't see much of a difference. I was expecting results right away which is obviously impossible. So I continued using it and slowly and gradually, my scars started to fade and I could see my skin improving. I have stopped spending so much money on skin care products and just use this PMD which has honestly helped a lot. I feel very confident and feel great about how my skin looks and feels. It feels as if I have smooth, vibrant skin like I did before I started breaking out. Let me point out that I did look into other reviews on the PMD before using it and let me be honest, some of them really scared me because there were some reviews on YouTube that were complaining about it and had skin disasters.I was really hesitant and thought a lot before using it but I wanted to give it a try at least once or twice. I did and I am glad i made the decision on using it because it did wonders for my skin and I barely breakout now. My scars which used to be VERY dark and red have now gotten really really light and are fading.
Before I did not want to go out in public without covering my scars and breakouts but now that my skin is improving, I can happily say that you will see me out with very little or no makeup on at all. 
The Personal Microderm has not only healed my acne scars but has also reduced the appearance of fine lines and enlarged pores and I have seen those results after using it for JUST 2 months!!
If I had to rate it, I would give it 5 stars and a thumbs up. It may be pricey to some but it is totally worth it and compared to what you have to pay at the doctors office, the price of the PMD is Nothing!

If you want younger looking skin without paying for high priced office treatments, then the Personal Microderm (PMD) is the right tool for you.



















0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Glam Doll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena