Beauty and Everything Fabulous by Sahira

Saturday, May 10, 2014

LUSH Cosmetics

Hello!
It has been a while since I last updated my blog. Sorry, I have been extremely busy with family and college (finals and all that stress ahh!!) But when that is all over, I will keep my blog updated. :)
 
Today, I would like to share some other skin care products that I have been obsessing over. I know most of my posts are about skin but I have bad skin so I will do anything to keep you guys updated with what helps me because I know I'm not the only one who deals with annoying skin problems.
Don't we all wish that we just woke up with perfectly clear skin.. sigh.. yeah that will never happen.
I will not give up though because taking care of your skin is very important and if there is something out there that works for you then why not share with everyone.. you never know you might be saving someone from skin disaster! That is why I would like to share with you my two favorite products from +LushCosmetics  
I would always hear about their products from friends and family around and then my sister started using them. She told me how good their products are and told me to try them out but I was too scared and thought it would worsen my skin. I didn't want to try anything because my skin is VERY sensitive so it doesn't really like many products and I was not about to end up with bad acne problems again. I also thought.. "their products are cheap, who knows if they'll work good"
sadly.. I judged too quickly :(
 
Before I say anything about the products..
 
EVERYONE HAS DIFFERENT SKIN SO NOT EVERYTHING I USE WILL WORK ON YOU AND NOT EVERYTHING YOU USE WILL WORK ON ME...
 
but I just want to share something that has worked for me because nothing usually does work for my skin so if this product was used by you before and disappointed you, I'm sorry!
 
Sooo.. after seeing my sisters skin improving and her skin is way different than mine.. but seeing her improvements, I thought why not give them a try. So I went to LUSH in the mall near me and the lovely lady was really helpful. She asked me about my skin and I told her every problem I have with my skin. I told her I have oily skin, I break out easily, have scars from past acne problems, and overall it is just very sensitive. Then she made me sit down next to a bowl with water in it and brought the FRESH FARMACY cleanser and the OCEAN SALT scrub.
She took my right hand and used the soap and was explaining about what is inside it and how it helps.. it was really interesting. After she washed my hands using both of the soap and scrub on each hand, my hands felt like a baby's butt!! HAHA seriously, it felt amazing and I couldn't stop touching it. Right away, I told her I'll take both of them. It was like love at first sight but in this case it was love at first touch lol
 
Here are what the two products look like and a little about them:
 
 
This is the cleansing soap called FRESH FARMACY.
This is my favorite product by them for the face. They give it you in the amount of money you want it in or size. This size shown is for $9.95
 
This was especially made for sensitive skin. It is their calamine-based cleansing bar.
It contains:
-Chamomile Extract to calm the skin
-Rose and Lavender to smooth dry patches
and
-Tea Tree to clear up any blemishes
 
If you have irritated skin with blemishes and redness, this is for you. That is the main reason why I got it because I have a lot of redness and blemishes from acne I have had before. It has a light foam which does not bother the skin at all, mainly why it is for sensitive skin, and after you wash it off, it leaves your skin feeling amazingly soft. I can't explain how much I love this product. I always wake up excited to use this product and before bed haha I love the feeling of it as I apply it and rub it on my face gently. This is meant to be used daily, every morning and before going to bed. Create a lather in your hands and gently massage into face, then rinse your face with warm water, pat your face dry and then feel your skin.. you will fall in love. I never ever used soap on my face but this cleansing bar is my first soap bar I have used and loved and I will continue to use it. :)
 
The second product I was recommended was the OCEAN SALT face and body scrub
 
This is a coconut cream and sea salt scrub that can be used on the body as well as the face. I usually use it on my face and sometimes on my body when I feel like it. There is one very important thing to know about this product however.. If you have very sensitive skin like me, I was told to use this ONLY 2-3 times a week as it will irritate it if I use it every single day. It is a scrub so you do not want to scratch your skin with it using it daily because it can be harsh if you don't use it properly.
 
This scrub gives you a glowing complexion.
It has minerals that scrub away the dirt and dry skin built up on your skin which can cause skin problems such as acne and pore blockage.
 
It contains:
-Fresh Avocado and Coconut to hydrate the skin
-Lime and Vodka for blocked pores and blackheads 
 
This is a good exfoliator to clean away the dirt and dead skin but if I were to rate it out of 5 stars, I would give it 3 because I do not really like the burning sensation it gives my skin when I use it especially when I have pimples and when I use it on that it makes it bleed (ouch I know) overall it does leave your skin feeling very soft and I recommend you using this product only 2-3 times a week so it doesn't irritate your skin.
 
LUSH products are my new favorite brand nowadays. They do not only have things for skin but for hair, body, and bath. They have the cutest things in all shapes and sizes. They are colorful too so when you walk in, it's so colorful and the products look like CANDY!! Yes!! Yummyy.. hehe
I love going to LUSH. I know I have only tried two of their products but I like them so I'm sure it won't hurt to try more. I will definitely be purchasing other things like the hair products because I need healthy hair. I am happy I came across their brand and I am even happier that I finally had given their products a try. Like they say DO NOT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER and that is exactly what I did and I was wrong about them.. Sorry LUSH!! I honestly love you now :P
So if any of you lovelies need to go grab something affordable for you hair, skin, or bath.. LUSH is the one! The products are super cute, gentle, colorful, and smell good.. Well SOME smell good not all but it's always the nasty smelling products that work great and I have noticed that. They are worth it though, it doesn't hurt to try.
Anyways, I hope everyone liked my review on these two products and I hope to try more soon and write more reviews on them.
So next time you go to the mall, remember to stop by LUSH and check them out ;)
If you have any other questions about the products, please feel free to ask.
 
Lots of Love,
Sahira
xoxo
 


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Sahira, I just started reading your blog. You mention that the ocean salt caused your skin to feel a burning sensation. I believe it is because of the salt coming in contact with the skin. I can tell you an experience I had with ocean salt. I went to visit some relatives in Mexico and they live in a very humid place with lots of mosquitos and by the Ocean. I had my legs and whole body filled with mosquito bites. When I went to the beach and got in the ocean, my legs burned like crazy ( but it felt good at the same time because it calmed the itchines from the bites) when the water came in contact with my body. But, I can tell you that by the next day, the mosquito bites were pretty much dried and less itchy. I believe that ocean salt has some healing properties so even though it burns, it also heals. This is my personal observation and experience. I also use the ocean salt most of the times on my legs and sparingly on my face. I love their products. So far everthing I have tried from Lush I have liked. I am not sure if you continue to use this product on your face and if you have noticed an improvement.. Maybe, you can try it again a few more times. If you absolutely can't stand it then discontinue it. Just my opinion. Thanks

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Glam Doll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena