Beauty and Everything Fabulous by Sahira

Saturday, October 25, 2014

My Makeup Vanity

Hello Hunnies,
After years of wanting my own room, I finally got it!
YES!
Ever since I really got into makeup which was about 3 years ago,
I have always wanted my own makeup vanity. I mean which girl doesn't want her own makeup vanity?!
I have seen a lot of makeup vanities that many girls made themselves and that is because buying ready made ones are WAY too expensive but if you are willing to spend a lot of $$$ on those then good on you! I would only buy a really nice expensive one if I had like my own separate makeup room which I will have in the future in'sha'Allah.
I am the DIY type and it is actually fun making your own vanity.
You just have to make sure that you are buying good quality items and you have someone to help you.
 
I got everything from +IKEA USA 
You will need:
 
-a table
-wall lamps
-mirror
 
That is what you need to make your makeup vanity.
 
I got the MICKE table in black/brown which looks like this and it was $69.99. Not a bad price because the table is really nice and a pretty decent size. Just make sure you have someone helping you put it together because you have to do it yourself and most importantly be CAREFUL!

 
The one thing I wish it did have was extra drawers on the side maybe because I still have a lot of my makeup that needs storage but besides that, I am in love with my table.
 
Now for the lights,
I got the wall lamps and they are also from +IKEA USA 
They are called the MUSIK wall lamps and they are $14.99 each. It does NOT come with the bulbs. You have to purchase the bulbs separately which you can also find at IKEA or any other place such as Wal-Mart, Lowes, Home Depot, etc.
 
 
You need two of these MUSIK wall lamps and that means you will need 10 light bulbs but you have to make sure that you are buying the right bulbs. I bought the 40W because that is what it said on the box. I got mine from +Lowe's Home Improvement and I do not know exactly how much I got them for but they were like 2 for $5 and I got 10 in clear. I forgot the brand I am sorry! :(
Since these are made for bathrooms and not bedrooms, there is a different way to install them because of the wiring in the back of the lamps. I wont go into detail about the wiring but to help me, I went on YouTube and saw a video of how to set up the MUSIK wall lamps for my vanity. You will need two base switch cords that are usually for lamps in order to get the lights to come on. It is a long process and if you want me to explain in detail about it, I can do another post on just the MUSIK lights for setting up your vanity. I am just trying to keep it short here and share with you what I got to make my makeup vanity.
 
Last but no least, you will need a mirror. You can get any size you want. I got mine from IKEA and it is the KOLJA mirror which was $9.99 which is a great price for a mirror. The size is 24" on all sides which is also the size of the lamps so it is perfect.
 
 
I first put my table together and took it into my room. Then I put up the mirror with the help of my dad. Once the mirror was up, we put up the lights on both sides of the mirror.
 
The end result was this below
 
 
 
I have not bought my chair yet but I think I am liking this. I am going to need a chair though because my back hurts sometimes and I do know which chair I will be getting.
I am also not completely done setting up my makeup and everything on the table because I still have lipglosses and makeup that I want to put in a acrylic organizer so I can get rid of that old black makeup organizer on the left. It looks old and I think acrylic organizers look better on makeup vanities.

Here is a picture of how the vanity looks with the lights on

 
For the pictures on the wall on the side of each wall lamp, I printed +Hayden Williams drawings because I love them so much! He is an amazing artist and has many beautiful drawings of stylish women and celebrities. I just got glitter paper from the Dollar Tree and frames from there too and cut the drawings to fit in the frames and hung them up! Simple.
 
My vanity table has two drawers, one which has all my makeup palettes and the other which has all my lashes
 
 
Love how all my palettes and lashes fit in each drawer and how they look.
I do however need extra drawers and/or storage for the rest of my makeup because two drawers is not enough for me.
Overall, I love how my vanity turned out and I literally spend all my day in front of it when I am home lol
 
 
I hope you like it and if you have any questions regarding my vanity or if you are trying to set your own vanity, please do ask. I will be more than happy to help as much as I can.
Thank You!
xoxo


1 comments:

Maya said...

wow thats an adorable vanity.

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Glam Doll, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena